On January 1st 2015 the new IBSA Sports Administration System (ISAS) will be launched. This system is the same database as the SDMS created by the IPC, but using a separate IBSA template and independent access information.
The ISAS will be the largest database of visually impaired athletes in existence.
IBSA member organisations are asked to note the following:
1. Every IBSA athlete in every IBSA sport will now be registered on the database (Athletics and Swimming will remain under the IPC SDMS database).
2. Classification documents will be managed from the database and will generate a master classification list available to our Medical Director.
3. Every athlete must complete an eligibility form.
4. For each athlete the database will hold a photograph, passport/identity card, eligibility form, a biography and a unique IBSA/ISAS license and Identity card which can be shown at each competition in which he or she participates.
5. IBSA Administration will be contacting member countries over the next 12 months to help complete these biographies for those athletes who qualify for the IPC Paralympic Games in Rio 2016.
Once the database is fully functional:
1. In the future online registration for all major IBSA competitions will be done through this database.
2. Information about all athletes will be available to our sports committees regarding statistics, rankings, etc.
3. Ideally this data will be able to be transferred to competitions
The first competitions data will be available for are the 2015 IBSA Goalball European Championships - Men C in Malmö, Sweden, at the beginning of February and the IBSA Judo World Cup in Eger, Hungary, which starts on February 20th.
ALL ATHLETES PARTICIPATING IN THESE TWO COMPETITIONS MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE ISAS DATABASE BEFOREHAND AND HAVE AN ISAS LICENSE.
Further information on ISAS is available in the information letter sent by IBSA to all member organisations earlier this month (see link above).
As a first step, IBSA member organisations are invited to request access to the ISAS. To do so please complete the ISAS Account Request Form (above) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding ISAS please contact Sally Wood Lamont at email@example.com