The International Olympic Committee Olympic (IOC) Study Centre have recently launched a study conducted by researchers from the University of Newcastle, Australia, to explore the challenges and rewards of elite coaching.
The project is open to both Olympic and Paralympic coaches who are being asked to complete a 15-minute survey.
This will help the IOC guide the retention of talented elite coaches.
The survey can be found by clicking here.
Credit: Rafal Burza
Who can participate in the research?
Coaches are eligible to participate if they meet the following criteria:
- Head or Assistant Coach for a national team during the Summer or Winter Olympic and/or Paralympic Games from London 2012 to Tokyo 2020 (taking place in 2021), OR;
- Head or Assistant Coach for a national team during the Commonwealth Games from Delhi, India in 2010 to Gold Coast, Australia in 2018, OR;
- They coach at an elite (international) level in another sporting arena;
- They are at least 18 years of age, and;
- They are fluent in English
Coaches who would like more information before agreeing to participate can download the full information statement, attached here: Information statement v2